What is QuickBooks Error 3180?
QuickBooks Error 3180 is an annoying error that occurs when QuickBooks desktop sales tax item is not associated with any vendor. When this issue happens, you will see an error message which shows Status Error Code 3180. This error can interfere with the smooth functioning of your program, if not resolved on time.
Why Does QuickBooks Error 3180 occur?
Several reasons cause QuickBooks Error 3180; some of them are as follows:
- The account mapping of sales tax payable account is incorrect
- When one or more item on receipt have the sale tax payable account selected as the target account
How to eliminate QuickBooks Error 3180?
Solution: Merge items in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and then go to list menu and move on to the item section
- Now choose the include inactive
- After that, select type header to sort the list
- Now rename the point of sale payment items
- Search and right-click on the payment item which begins with Point of sale
- Now click on edit items and rename the name of the item by adding OLD at the end of the item name
- Once you are done, click on OK
- Now run the financial exchange with the point of sale
- Right-click on the payment method that contains OLD and then choose the edit option
- Now remove OLD and then click on Yes to confirm
Other solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 3180
- Assign the vendor to the sales tax item
- Choose your tax preference
- Make sure that you have not paid out the problem receipt using sales tax payable
In case none of them works, reach us via QuickBooks Support Phone Number and get the best technical help for QuickBooks Error 3180.