If you have encountered QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123 while opening the company file. QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123 is an error that happens when a user tries to restore a QuickBooks company file from a backup hard disk. In this blog, we will tell you how to fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123.
Why does QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123 occur?
The prime causes of QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123 are as follows:
- Inappropriate network connection from the host server
- The company data file is corrupted or damaged
- Improper firewall settings might be restricting QuickBooks to open the company file
- The antivirus installed might be interfering with QuickBooks Desktop services
- Damaged or corrupted windows
How to solve QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123?
As there are several causes of this error, there are plenty of solutions you can try to fix it.
Solution 1: Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Go to the official website of Intuit and download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- After successful installation of the tool, run the tool
- Now browser the company file
- Choose check file damage and then diagnose file
- You have to enter your admin password
- Once you are done, click on OK
- Select an open file in newer version or repair file in the existing version
- Now follow the on-screen instruction to proceed further
- Once you are done, reboot your computer
Other solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123
- Rename .ND and .TLG File
- Move company file to a different location
- Use the Auto Data Recovery feature
- Disable Antivirus program
- Create a new user window
Even after applying these solutions, if you are still unable to resolve this error, call us on QuickBooks Support Phone Number to know the best possible fixes for QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123. Our team is placed to give you a quick response to your QuickBooks Error 429.