QuickBooks POS is an accounting software that helps users to manage sales and inventory effortlessly and professionally. Several users have reported running into QuickBooks POS Error 1706 on their system. This issue prevents users from installing QuickBooks POS software. If you are one of the users plagued by this error, you will want to find a solution for this issue error. In this blog, we will give you several troubleshooting solutions for getting rid of QuickBooks POS Error 1706.
What is QuickBooks POS Error 1706?
QuickBooks POS Error 1706 is an installation error that occurs while installing QuickBooks POS software. To fix this error, first, you need to understand the causes of QuickBooks POS Error 1706. Here are the most common causes of QuickBooks POS Error 1706:
- Missing or damaged component of POS
- The incompatible or Beta version of the .NET Framework
- Damaged or missing window file or components
- Corrupted window registry files
- An unnecessary application is running on the window startup
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks POS Error 1706?
Here is what you can try to resolve QuickBooks POS Error 1706:
Solution 1: Use the system file checker Tool
- Open an elevated command prompt on your window screen
- Run the inbox deployment image servicing and management
- Run system file checker tool
- In the command prompt, type SFC/ scannow and then press Enter
- System file checker tool will scan and repair your corrupted file
- Once the verification process gets completed, close the command prompt window
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Go to the downloads and updates
- In the drop-down menu, select QuickBooks POS
- Now choose an edition and then select the year or version
- Click on the search tab and then choose the latest updates
- Save the file and then install the updates
- Restart your computer
In case you are facing any other error like QuickBooks Error 8007, call us on the QuickBooks Error Support Number to get the best technical services.