QuickBooks is a popular accounting application that has created a vast customer base in the majority of the world. However, the performance of this software sometimes gets bogged down by annoying errors or issues. QuickBooks Error 15222 is one such problem that falls under the category of update issue. It comes when you are downloading payroll software.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error 15222?
There are several possible reasons why this issue occurs; some of them are as follows:
- When Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser
- When the registered digital signatures are not working properly
- Antivirus and firewall installed on the computer is restricting the downloading process of QuickBooks
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15222?
Method 1: Install a payroll digital signature certificate
- First of all, close all the running application
- Search and find QBW32.exe file
- Right-click on the same file to select the properties option
- Choose the Digital Signature tab and ensure that you have selected the INTUIT from the signature list
- After that, click on the details option
- From the digital signature detail window, click on the view certificate option
- Install the certificate and then click on next
- Now repeat this process until the finish icon pops up on your computer screen
- After that, reboot your system
- Open QuickBooks again and try to download and update QuickBooks
Method 2: Verify Internet explorer setting
- Set internet explorer as your default browser
- Now check whether your computer date and time is correct or not
- After that check for the cipher strength
- Once you are done, go to tools and update settings
- Lastly, check and verify that both SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are marked
In case none of the given solutions works for you, do connect with us at QuickBooks Support Phone Number for the resolution of QuickBooks Error 15222. We provide quick fixes for QuickBooks problems.